La Rioja Film Commission has confirmed its attendance at Shooting Locations Marketplace, the event organised by Feria de Valladolid and Spain Film Commission that will bring together professionals from the audiovisual sector on the 20th and 21st of October in the city of Valladolid, with the aim of reaching commercial agreements. One of the filming destinations attending the event will be La Rioja Film Commission, which offers the following advantages:
- Tax Incentives: La Rioja has a 30% tax incentive for international filming in the form of a tax rebate. They also have incentives for national shoots or aid that contributes to co-productions.
- Low production costs: they offer low production costs compared to other film sets, especially in terms of overnight stays, restaurants, locations, transport and travel, as well as extras and equipment hire.
- Locations: there are more than 300 locations to discover, as well as a preserved historical heritage, a vineyard in 4 seasons, more than 450 wineries, roads with filming permits.
- Infrastructures: La Rioja has a wide variety of hotels, rural houses and flats in all its areas. Logroño has more than 2,000 beds in different hotels, five of them 4-star hotels.
- Strategic location: four international airports less than an hour and a half from the capital of La Rioja.
- Climate: the northern area, the valley, has a Mediterranean climate and the southern area, the mountains, has a more humid, continental climate. Summers are dry and hot. Winter temperatures are moderate to cold, and at this time of year the snowy landscape makes for unique places and beautiful scenery.
- Safety and kindness: Spain is a safe country and La Rioja has established itself as the third safest region in Spain. The people of La Rioja are hospitable and we make an effort to make visitors from abroad feel at home. Moreover, Logroño is an important stop on the famous Camino de Santiago, whose rural beauty represents what we like most about the area, so it is sure to be an unforgettable visit.
LA RIOJA, THE BEST SETTING WHERE STORIES CAN BE FELT