Film shooting scouters specialized in finding locations for film and television shootings, coming from the United States, Great Britain, Germany, Canada, Romania, Italy and Spain take part in Valladolid in a pioneering event for locations and audio-visual industry, Shooting Locations Marketplace. It is a global business platform for producers, locators, auxiliary companies and film shooting destinations. They will all meet October 21st and 22nd at Feria de Valladolid (Valladolid Trade Fair Centre).
More than 30 destinations from Spain, Portugal, Belgium, Great Britain and Greece, companies and around 40 locators from the United States, Great Britain, Germany, Canada, Italy, Romania and Spain will meet there. British and American professionals make up 58 percent of the participants.
The first edition of Shooting Locations Marketplace is attended by professionals who work in the most important international productions, projects from studios such as Marvel, HBO, Amazon, Apple, Universal, Paramount, Warner… in their catalogue, options for shooting anywhere in the world can be found, from Lapland to New Zealand.
“The list of films and series in which they have taken part, as well as the directors they have worked with is a cascade of stars. Some of them have professional careers of more than 40 years and they know perfectly what a destination should offer in order to be interesting. This is a valuable information for those who want to host shootings at a future time”, explained the managing director of Feria de Valladolid, Alberto Alonso.
At the same time, these locators seek to add new spaces to their list of options. Their interests range from historic cities to roads and tunnels, nature or cultural spaces.
The Spain Film Commission is the main supporter of the event, leading the positioning of Spain in the international destination for audio-visual filming market.
More professional associations from a variety of fields:
- Locations Managers Guide International
- European Film Commissions Network
- Asociación de Profesionales de la Producción Audiovisual (APPA)
- Asociación de empresas productoras de audiovisual internacional que se rueda en España (Profilm)
- Alianza de la Industria Audiovisual (Alia)
- Asociación de Productoras de Cine Publicitario (APCP)
This event is also supported by public institutions: Ayuntamiento de Valladolid (Valladolid City Council), Junta de Castilla y León, Diputación de Valladolid (Valladolid Provincial Council), Cámara de Comercio (Chamber of Commerce) and ICEX (España Exportación e Inversiones, Spain Export and Investments).
Transfer of Knowledge
Shooting Locations Marketplace is also a forum for knowledge in which experts of different profiles will talk about the general situation of the industry, what the demands of productions are, what can the shooting destinations offer, regulations, collaboration, success stories, etc.
The sessions will start with a lecture by Dow Griffith, a scouter who began his career in 1975 with “Carrie”, by Bryan de Palma. Since then, he has traveled to 90 countries and among his most recent works, “Mulan”, for Disney took him to China and New Zealand.
Following, the president of the British Film Commission, Adrian Wootton; the president of the international association Location Manager Guild International, John Rakich; the director of Creative Europe in Spain, Peter Andermatt; and the communication manager of the European Film Commissions Network, Sara Hernández will be speaking.
The general director of the specialized consultancy firm Olsberg.SPI, Leon Forde, will offer a snapshot on the best practices in the development of the audio-visual industry.
On Friday there will be a work table on brand creation and promotion as a destination for filming with Natacha Mora, coordinator of Canarias Island Films, Venia Vergou, director of Greece Film Commission and Lori Balton, scouter, member of AMPAS / HT399.
- CANARY ISLANDS FILM
- SEVEN ISLANDS FILM
- ANDALUCIA FILM COMMISSION
- CASTILLA LA MANCHA FILM COMMISSION
- CATALUNYA FILM COMMISSION
- LA RIOJA FILM COMMISSION
- NAVARRA FILM COMMISSION
- CASTILLA Y LEÓN FILM COMMISSION
- COMUNIDAD DE MADRID FILM COMMISSION
- MALLORCA FILM COMMISSION
- PATRONATO PROVINCIAL DE TURISMO DE LA COSTA BLANCA – DIPUTACIÓN PROVINCIAL DE ALICANTE
- CÓRDOBA FILM OFFICE
- AYUNTAMIENTO DE ÁVILA
- AYUNTAMIENTO DE LEÓN
- BIZKAIA FILM COMMISSION
- ZARAGOZA Film Office
- GRAN CANARIA FILM COMMISSION
- TENERIFE FILM COMMSSION
- AYUNTAMIENTO DE PALENCIA
- AYUNTAMIENTO DE ZAMORA
- BURGOS FILM COMMISSION
- RIAZA FILM OFFICE
- SALAMANCA FILM COMMISSION
- SEGOVIA FILM OFFICE
- SORIA FILM COMMISSION
- VALLADOLID FILM OFICCE
- VALENCIA FILM OFFICE / FILM VALENCIA
- CIUDAD DE MADRID FILM OFFICE
- PORTUGAL FILM COMMISSION
- BRITISH FILM COMMISSION
- SCREEN BRUSSELS
- GREEK FILM CENTRE
- PARADORES DE TURISMO DE ESPAÑA
- ABADÍA RETUERTA
- MONTERO ARAMBURU
- CREW SERV
- BRL MÁS CREATIVOS S.L. – KUARERE
- ALMARAE BUSSINES TRAVEL
- SFC – SPAIN FILM COMMISSION
- APCP – ASOCIACIÓN ESPAÑOLA DE PRODUCTORES DE CINE PUBLICITARIO
- APPA – ASOCIACIÓN ESPAÑOLA DE PRODUCTORES
- ALÍA – ASOCIACIÓN ESPÑALA DE EMPRESAS DE SERVICIOS
- EUROPEAN FILM COMMISSIONS NETWORK
- JUNTA DE CASTILLA Y LEÓN
- SOCIEDAD MIXTA PARA LA PROMOCIÓN DEL TURISMO DE VALLADOLID, S.L.
- SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA FILM COMMISSION
- PUY DU FOU ESPAÑA